Hope you all had a great weekend. Just wanted to drop in and give you all this great recipe. I have had them a few times and they are very flavorful and delicious.
Serves 4 and takes about 30-35 minutes to prepare.
2 anaheim chiles
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced shitake mushrooms
1 cup whole kernel corn
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
4 flour tortillas
1 cup shredded aged gouda cheese
1/2 cup bottled salsa
1. Preheat broiler
2. Cut chiles in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Place chile halfs skin side up on a foil lined baking sheet and flatten with your hand. Broil for 8 minutes or until blackened. Remove chiles and place them in a zip lock plastic bag for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sautee 2 minutes. Then add the corn, onions and pepper and sautee 2 minutes. Place the mixture in a bowl.
4. Return to the chiles after 15 minutes are up and peel and chop the chiles. When finished add them to the sauteed mixture.
5. Wipe the skilled clean. Place 1/4 cup mushroom mixture and 1/4 cup cheese over half of a tortilla. Repeat this for the other 3 tortillas as well.
6. Heat the pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the pan and cook 2 minutes or until bottom is golden. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat for the remaining 3 tortillas and voila! Corn and Chile Quesadillas.
*Each quesadilla is 341 calories, 15g fat, 14g protein, 40g carbohydrate