So I had this major sweet tooth yesterday and wanted to try to make a different dessert. I came across this recipe for Amaretti Peaches and decided to try it because it was pretty low calorie for a dessert. Let me tell you, it tasted so good! Let me share this recipe with you. It is pretty simple and only takes 20 minutes to throw together.
1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies (about 4 cookies)
1 T brown sugar
2 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
4 t butter
1 ounce bitter sweet chocolate, shaved
1. Preheat broiler
2. combine cookie crumbs and sugar in a small bowl
3. Hollow the center of peach halves. Arrange peaches, cut sides up, in an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray.
4. broil for 2 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
5. Carefully fill each peach half with one rounded tablespoon cookie crumb mixture.
6. Place 1 t butter on top of each filled half.
7. Broil another 2 minutes until butter melts. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories= 130, Fat = 7.4g, Protein= 1.6g, Carb= 19g