Today was a packed day returning from our tournament in California so I decided to make this turkey and bean chili. It is super fast and super easy. Here is the recipe and directions.
prechopped red onion
1 poblano pepper, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
1 T chili powder
2 T tomato paste
2 t dried oregano
1 t ground cumin
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 19oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 14oz can lower sodium chicken broth
1/2 c fresh cilantro
6 lime wedges
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the first 4 ingredients and cook until turkey is done. Stir frequently to crumble
3. Stir in chili powder and next 8 ingredients through the chicken broth.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat adn simmer for 10 minutes.
5. stir in cilantro and sere with lime wedges.