2 cups water
1 cup uncooked rice
3 large green bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded.
1.5 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
1 onion, diced
garlic, salt and pepper to taste
1 can tomato sauce
2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1) In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add the rice, stir and reduce heat to low. Cook covered for about 20-30 minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3) Place green bell peppers in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes. Remove bell peppers and set aside in a baking dish.
4) In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the meat. After draining the meat, mix in onion, cooked rice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Poor in the tomato sauce and mix thoroughly. Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Spoon the meat mixture into each of the bell peppers. Bake in over for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to brown.
6) sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
*You can make this a lot more simple by making the meat mixture the day before and then just heating it up and adding it into the bell peppers to bake.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com