This week I was tired of having the same dinners on rotation, and didn't have much time to look up a new recipe or think of something, so one of my teammates on the track team, Karley King, helped me out! She had told me of this super easy casserole dish she had made the night before, and sent it to me via email. I made it the other night, and was such a delish change :)
So enough small talk, here you go friends:
-1 pound chicken breast (without skin), about 3-4 chicken breast
-1 package of frozen broccoli or other veggie
- 1 can of Healthy Request Campbells cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken would work too)
-3 tablespoons of fat-free mayo
-1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil chicken breast until done and drain.
2. When cool, cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
3. In a casserole dish, mix mayo and soup.
4. Add broccoli and chicken to the dish, and mix all ingredients together.
5. Sprinkle cheese over the mixture.
6. Bake for 20 min. Serves 4.
As a side dish, brown rice or a simple baked potato like in my last
post would be great to add for a more rounded and balanced meal.
Thanks Karley for the recipe.
per serving= 273 calories, total fat 6 g, 36g protein, 3 g fiber, 16g total carbs
Have a great weekend everyone!
Courtesy thanks to Sparkrecipes.com for recipe and photo