So I have this pasta with basil tomato sauce recipe. Pasta meals are a great way to re-load on Carbs after a tough workout, which is highly important to all of us athletes. This particular recipe is very tasty and actually not too heavy of a meal either. For 1 1/2 cups of pasta it is about 350 calories. The only downfall to this recipe is that it has very little protein. As athletes it is important to get some protien with our meals, so to make it a little better and geared more toward an athlete's diet you could add some grilled chicken to this recipe and it would complete your meal. Adding the grilled chicken would bump the calories up to between 500 and 600 calories which is a perfectly healthy meal. Here is the recipe:
1 package fresh fettuccine
2 T olive oil
3 t minced garlic
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 t salt
1 cup fresh torn basil leaves
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, about half a cup
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions
2. heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and salt, cover and cook 4 minutes.
3. remove from heat and stir in basil and pepper.
4. Add the tomato mixture and the pasta together, tossing well to combine. Then just top with some cheese.
5. Add grilled chicken to the recipe to get some more protein
This recipe only takes 15-20 minutes to make so it should be fairly quick and simple for a dinner after practice or class. If you need something that is easy to fit into your busy schedule you should definitly try this recipe out. It is always a good idea to over produce your recipes and save the extras to put in tupperware and have for lunch during the week or on nights that you get home too late to be able to cook. Hope ya'll have a great rest of the week.